Monday, March 19, 2012

Red Skies at Night


I've just finished a super-cute cardigan!  Designer Linda Permann has written a fabulous pattern called Starry Night (you can find it here on Rav).  I rate her pattern 5 stars.  It is EXTREMELY well-written.  She gives you diagrams, and explains everything really well.  She also gives great instructions on modifying the fit of the garment.

I made the XL, but had to make additional motifs because I was using a thinner-than-recommended yarn.  I ended up using a fingering weight yarn, from Claudia's Hand-Painted Yarns, in the Rubies Playing colorway.  I used all 10 skeins, (175 yds each....1750 yds total) and had just a little left over.  With Linda's diagrams and measurements in the pattern, I was able to estimate my totals, and then pinned and tried on the pieces before I sewed it all together.  The fronts were 5 motifs across and 6 high, and the back is 9 motifs wide and 6 tall.  I added two motifs under the arm to accommodate my beezooms.  One motif wide by two motifs tall.  I added length in the skirt and the sleeves as well, because I am so tall.


2 comments:

  1. That's simply beautiful! Love the detail. Love the color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete