Thursday, March 1, 2012

Irish Crochet Project

I'm so lucky to be involved in an international Irish Crochet project for an upcoming museum exhibit.  I can't share all the details but I can let you know that we have people contributing from France, Moscow, England, Northern Ireland, Australia and three states in the US.  I can also show you part of my contribution.  These little motifs are 2.5 inches wide and tall, and are made with No. 80 DMC Cordonnet Thread and a .6mm hook.  TINY stuff to work with!  I end up doing a lot by feel and instinct, rather than actual counting of the itty-bitty stitches.  The motifs are from the Priscilla Book 1, motif number 36.

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome work! And I love how you've framed this picture. Can't wait to see everyone's contribution!

    ReplyDelete