Sunday, April 8, 2012

Heartstrings Haul

Yesterday I spent my requisite hour and a half at Heartstrings Yarn Studio in Chico, CA.  We are visiting the in-laws for Easter, and I snuck out to ogle the yarn-goodness over on the Esplanade.  Well, they knew precisely where I was, so I didn't really "sneak out."

I love this shop.  They have a HUGE selection of yarn, everything from pricey art yarns at $50 per skein to humble cotton/acrylic blends for $4 per skein.  And their sale corner is great!!!  Half price yarn, baskets full!  This is where I get in trouble.  This visit I had a gift certificate from my SIL, so I chose some cotton for a new project.  Then I went hunting in the sale baskets.  I justify these sale purchases because A:  hello?   half price!  and B: the yarn I bought is for projects for my kids.  THAT does not count as wanton yarn buying.

Here are the goodies!


Upper left yarn:  Malva by Filatura di Crosa.  It's a ribbon yarn and I plan to use it with some pink cottons I have at home, to make a dress for Miss E.
Book:  Custom Crocheted Sweaters by Dora Ohrenstein.  Great sweater patterns in here, plus detailed instructions on customizing and fit.
Upper right yarn:  Escape by Sirdar.  This will be a sweater (or yarn jacket as he calls it) for Mr. M.
Bottom left:  Ultra Pima Cotton by Cascade.  As you can see I've already started my new project...it's a top for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment