Sunday, February 10, 2013

Full Disclosure

An image from my latest photoshoot at Yarndogs.
I've just been commissioned to make a sweater for an LYS as a store sample.  It's not crocheted.  It's knitted.  Yes, I can knit and I enjoy knitting.  I realize that my "Modern Crochet Goddess" blog title may imply that I'm all-crochet, all-the-time, but that is not the case.  I learned to knit about 3 years ago, and until then, I just couldn't get it.  Knitting was so hard!  and so SCARY!  All those loose loops just waiting to spring free from the needles.  Ugh.  But I love the look of knitted fabric for many things, and trying to make crochet look like knitting is like ....trying to make knitting look like crochet.  So I tried again.  I took an actual class.  Thank goodness my teacher (thank you Candice!) had the suggestion of knitting continental or I would still be struggling along.  I'm still afraid of all those loops.  Still can't fix every mistake, but I really enjoy knitting and learning another craft has expanded my crochet knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment